Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WLC DHCP Error

AP '20:37:06:a4:84:40'

with static-ip configured as '10.10.139.34' has fallen back to the working DHCP address '10.10.138.75'

Any Idea what the error about??

9 REPLIES

WLC DHCP Error

With the IP address 10.10.139.34 was the AP able to reach the gateway.

CAPWAP AP configured with static IP will fall back to DHCP ip , if they are not able to reach the gateway with the IP configured

Thanks

NikhiL

WLC DHCP Error

The AP i am writing about is configured with LWAPP not in Hreap configuration mode.

Regards,

Noman

WLC DHCP Error

Noman,

Was the AP able to reach the gateway of 10.10.139.34 with the static IP.Say if the gateway of 10.10.139.34 was 10.10.139.1, was the AP able to resolve this IP.

If looks to me you have connected the AP in wrong VLAN port and that is the reason why the AP has fallen to DHCP IP

WLC DHCP Error

Nikhil,

Yes the AP is reaching the gateway 10.10.139 and one more thing there are also some clients that are connected to that AP and able to access the machines on on same VLAN as well as Other VALN's present in the network.

WLC DHCP Error

Is the AP with the ip 10.10.139.34 having a mask of 255.255.254.0 ?

Did you try assigning static IP again to the AP

Re: WLC DHCP Error

First very sorry for late reply, Yes the assigned ip to AP is  10.10.139.34 having a mask of 255.255.254.0

This error means the AP was not able to communicate with the WLC with assigned static IP address. When this happens the ap will fall back ti trying ti get a DHCP address.

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Steve

I am trying to figure out why AP was't able to communicate with the WLC with assigned static IP address when there is no change in WLC configuration or any other parameter of Network...

Regards,

Noman

Let me know if assigning the static IP address again worked out

Regards

NikhiL

Views
Helpful
Replies