Did you mean: 

wlc error

Hi,

I am configuring a wlc 5508. I get following error ,

Management Interface IP Address: 10.10.10.1

Management Interface Netmask: 255.255.0.0

Management Interface Default Router: 10.10.10.254

Error in setting management interface IP

I tried using different IP's also, but its still the same.

Appreciate all assistance to get it correct. Thank You!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

wlc error

Boot the WLC and then when you see the output saying hit , press ESC.  The menu will appear in which you can factory reset the WLC.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
12 REPLIES

Re: wlc error

If you change the subnet mask to 255.255.255.0 does it work ?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________

wlc error

no i tried this as well. it doesn't help.

Is one of the other dynamic interfaces in this same range ?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________

wlc error

I am unable to check this. Because this WLC is now used for reconfiguring for another network.

The moment i boot it and login via console, it says " AUTO-INSTALL termination; no configuration loaded" ,

something of this sort.

upon entering it prompts me for username, password etc and then comes to the management interface address which is were i get this error.

I have tried with different address ranges.

Should we reset this to factory default?

wlc error

I beleive it has an overlapping dynamic interface. Either reset it or again check the dynamic interfaces.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

wlc error

how do i reset this ?

each time i reboot the system it comes to the prompt where it asks to enter username , password and other ip address information.

wlc error

Boot the WLC and then when you see the output saying hit , press ESC.  The menu will appear in which you can factory reset the WLC.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

wlc error

I just got a thought on this to my mind, during the configuration i selected NO option for enabling LAG.

Does this by any chance hinder setting of the management interface ip address.

wlc error

No .. It shouldnt ..

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

As long as you don't have more than one port connected.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

wlc error

no port connections have been done physically from WLC to network switch so far.

I was just trying to configure the thing first.

Cisco Employee

wlc error

It's happen due to overlapping interface IP. Please cross verify the setting or reset the WLC and then try.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content