Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

WLC Guest wireless network isolation

Our company recently started selling the Cisco 2504 wireless controller and access points, I've been able to configure it for a previous client but we have a new client that is looking to have two networks a "secure" and "guest".

- The "Secure" network will for for the office staff an will have a hidden SSID and require authencation (haven't decided on one yet)

- The "Guest" network will be for guests and will require a tempoary password for web auth and not be able to see the Admin network at all.

My problem is I don't know how to make the "Guest" WLAN seperate, I'm new to the cisco world so I'm learning alot as I go. I've read about using VLANs to seperate them but my understanding is I would need to configure VLANs on the switch and router also then, I'm hoping to keep configuration to just the WLC as another company manages the router and switch.

Hopefully somone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Everyone's tags (6)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: WLC Guest wireless network isolation

The only way you can do this is to use a free port and that would need to connect to your dsl or broadband modem. If you don't have a separate internet connection for guest, then you will need I use vlans. No way around that.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

The only way you can do this is to use a free port and that would need to connect to your dsl or broadband modem. If you don't have a separate internet connection for guest, then you will need I use vlans. No way around that.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Community Member

Thanks

That's what I was thinking but just wanted to see if there was an easier way.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content