cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC HA Warning Message

mgallagher44
Level 1
Level 1

Where exactly is the license warning message seen when a secondary controller is active for over 90 days?  I've seen a CLI example but is it seen elsewhere such as the web GUI or through SNMP traps?  Could the user (Wi-Fi station) experience this message too if using something like webauth?  I'm certifying this feature and want to provide proper expectations for operations but don't have the luxery of 91 days to trigger it. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I don't believe it is from the GUI... only the CLI.  You might see it on the logs.  On an HA N+1, when you log into the HA secondary, it will have a popup telling you about the license, but not in AP SSO I don't think.

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You will see this message only in the logs of the WLC.  Users will not see this message at all.  It's more af a NAG message to the admin of the WLC, since this message will show up in the log.

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott

Thanks Scott.  Do you know if it's visible to the admin from the web GUI?

I don't believe it is from the GUI... only the CLI.  You might see it on the logs.  On an HA N+1, when you log into the HA secondary, it will have a popup telling you about the license, but not in AP SSO I don't think.

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott

Ok, I'm only doing AP SSO

Yeah, so you will only see this from the console or CLI.

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: