Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Silver

WLC in HA mode

i have two WLC which is 5508 series.

I configured basic parameters and ensured its reach-ability. Then I configured the peer redudancy mgmt IP & redudancy mgmt IP. All 4 Ip are in same subnet

I issued below commands

config redudancy unit primary /secondary (respectively)

config redudancy mode sso on both

And the system rebooted itselg.

I checked the ports on core switch on which the WLC are connected and it is up and working

but the problem is i can reach only primary and not the secondary and the secondary i know theoretically reboots couple of times but it is not reachable

sh cdp nei shows WCO1 and WC02 but not WC01-standby.

Is this normal? how long will it take to get the HA back up? If not what do i need to do?

---

Posted by WebUser Shalini Menon from Cisco Support Community App

6 REPLIES
Silver

WLC in HA mode

sumne answer my question!!!!!!!! arghhh!

---

Bronze

WLC in HA mode

Hi,

if you issue show redundancy summary on primary unit, what do you see? can you please post it here?

also, a good way to start troubleshooting is to follow this guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10315/products_tech_note09186a0080bd3504.shtml

Hall of Fame Super Gold

WLC in HA mode

but the problem is i can reach only primary and not the secondary and the secondary i know theoretically reboots couple of times but it is not reachable

Post the output to the command "sh redun summary".  There's only ONE IP address which you can reach for the secondary controller and you'll find it in this command.  You won't be able to reach the secondary via HTML but telnet/ssh only.

Silver

WLC in HA mode

it shows peer state as unknown and local state as active

---

Hall of Fame Super Gold

WLC in HA mode

it shows peer state as unknown and local state as active

I shall repeat what I posted previously, "POST the output".  If you don't want to provide us the info, then how can we help?

Silver

WLC in HA mode

ok someone from the team did erase d config...i saw the post the output message..doesn't mean you have to enter in CAPS.

---

Views
Helpful
Replies