Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC IP address conflict

ckendzora
Level 1
Level 1

I have a WLC 5508 that I just setup and it is giving me this error:

Warning: Controller has detected its IP Address 10.2.200.2 being used by a machine with MAC Address 50:57:a8:c6:e5:2f

The problem is that the conflicting MAC address is the one associated with the management interface I setup on the controller with IP 10.2.200.2....

So the controller is having an IP conflict with itself??

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have LAG enabled?  You migh want to check to see if your etherchannel is bundled or not.  If you are not using LAG, then only connect one port and see if the issue goes away.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have LAG enabled?  You migh want to check to see if your etherchannel is bundled or not.  If you are not using LAG, then only connect one port and see if the issue goes away.

-Scott

ckendzora
Level 1
Level 1

I did have lag enabled but I found my mistake thanks to this.  I went back and read the guide again.  I thought since I had my two switches together in a stack that I could split the port channel up for redundancy.  All port channel members must belong to same switch.  Once I did that it came up fine. 

Thanks Scott

Well that is weird.... if you connect the WLC in a stack, you should be able to create an etherchannel between different switches in the same stack.  Is the switches showing up as one stack?

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3661534#3661534

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card