Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC is rebooting whenver WAN goes down

vinodjad1234
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I came across with one issue repetitively. Whenever we have issue with WAN disconnection issue, after some time our LAN WLC gets rebooted .

As I gone through the logs, found that we will have disconnection with Mobility group member <ip address> . Based on that , suspecting we have some policies or some parameter configured therefore whenever we have issue with mobility controller member ( such as disconnection ) .

We have mobility group configured whereas one of our mobility member is on WAN ( other location ).

so whenever we have disconnection issue with mobility member which is there in head-office location , our local LAN WLC gets rebooted.

can anybody look into this? It would be great to know , if we have enabled any feature unknowingly.

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you tell us what equipment model you have and what code version.  Can you also post some logs if you still have some available.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do you mean the tunnel goes down or the actual wlc reboots. So your uptime starts back at zero on the wlc ?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Hi,

We have wlc 5508 .

once WAN goes down, after some time, Automatically wlc reboots and uptime starts back at zero on the WLC .

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is the reason you require the same mobility group name for a remote site is because you are doing failover between the two? Usually you don't require the same mobility group name unless you want the AP's to be able to failover between multiple WLC's.

I don't think that would fix your issue though. Maybe setup syslog so you can see if the wlc reboots due to another issue or error.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card