cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC Load Balancing Without Fault Tolerance

exonetinf1nity
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings, i need to service 13 access points and provide load balancing between all connected AP's.

Fault Tolerance isnt a concern at present hence my reasoning below.

I looking at specifying two 4402 Controllers with the 12 AP License and configure them both in a single mobility group, i was then going to manually specify the primary controller per access point and distribute them accordingly between the two controllers for example 7 Ap's on one controllers and 6 on the other.

Could i ask if this would this be an acceptable method?

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mark,

This is a perfectly acceptable design. If/when fault tolerance becomes a consideration a 25 AP Model could be purchased to provide Fail-over protection for the two 12 AP WLC's.

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mark,

This is a perfectly acceptable design. If/when fault tolerance becomes a consideration a 25 AP Model could be purchased to provide Fail-over protection for the two 12 AP WLC's.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Excellent thank you for your response.

Regards

Just remember, it is a hardware change if you decide later you need the 4402-25. You can always use the 4402-12 for a guest anchor controller.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: