Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC PEAP authentication

Hi

I've created a local EAP profile for PEAP authentication and configured user accounts in the WLCs. When I tried to connect to the SSID via my iPhone, popped up a certificate (local WiSM) and I accepted it then it failed with incorrect username/password. The same username/password works fine with Windows Vista laptop. Any help?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I was able to use loacal eap using 7.0.220.0 and connect with my mac book, iphone and ipad.

Hope this helps.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That was an issue and you can search the forum on this. What code are you running by the way. I know it didn't work with the 6.x but did work with 4.2. I can test it out on the 7.0.x code.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

The s/w version is 6.0. Can you confirm whether it will work for iPhone/iPad if I upgrade the WLCs to 7.x

Thanks

I will test it out tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

Scott

How did you go?

I will have time tonight to test.

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

I was able to use loacal eap using 7.0.220.0 and connect with my mac book, iphone and ipad.

Hope this helps.

-Scott

Hi Scott

I've upgraded the WLC to 7.0.222.0 and rebooted and all.

But still got the same issue for my iphone/ipad....windows laptop no problem

Can you post your show run-config so I can see what you did. 

-Scott

Sorry I'm unable to do that due to security reasons and blah...

I checked debug client mac-addr and it shows EAP-Failure but I dont know the reason for that as for Windows everything is fine...

May be just show local-auth config, show wlan x, show local-auth statistics.?

I am assuming you have only peap checked . ( and nothing else enabled like Server cert etc ). IPhone is it running latest code ?

Thanks..Salil

I've upgraded the iPhone OS and seems working OK...thanks guys

Would you mind sharing what Apple IOS version you were running when experiencing the issue and what version you upgraded to for the resolution?

Sorry for the delay...had issues with 4.2.1 with iPhone 3G.There are no issues with ios 5 or later with newer models

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card