Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

WLC Redundancy

Hello,

I have 2x WLC 5508 running version 7.2

1st one is setup and running.

My questions is: If I want to setup Active-Passive redundacy, do I need to manually setup the 2nd one exactly as the 1st one and put them in the same group?

Or is it a way to copy all of the configs I made on the 1st one over to the 2nd one?

Thank you.

Everyone's tags (2)
4 REPLIES
Silver

WLC Redundancy

I would setup the first WLC and then do a config backup via TFTP or FTP. Once you have that config backed up you can then apply it to the second WLC. From here you will need to change the IP and WLC name of the second WLC so it doesn't conflict with the first.

Also, if you want it to be a true Active-Passive then you will want to make sure that all of your APs are configured with primary and secondary controllers.

WLC Redundancy

I would setup the first WLC and then do a config backup via TFTP or FTP. Once you have that config backed up you can then apply it to the second WLC.

Then you have to do this every time you change the config on the first WLC.

Is there a better way to sync the config or to automate this ?

Silver

WLC Redundancy

Use NCS after the first setup to maintain your configurations and apply to both.

Configurations stay pretty static typically once you set them up.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

WLC Redundancy

If I want to setup Active-Passive redundacy, do I need to manually setup the 2nd one exactly as the 1st one and put them in the same group?

From what was discussed over at Cisco Live 2012 Melbourne (Australia), Active-Active redundancy will be "coming to a store near you" this year.

Views
Helpful
Replies