Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WLC Service Port

Hi, Anyone tried to use the WLC service port as a management port in management vlan and being routed as well.

Thnak you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: WLC Service Port

You will have to and you also have to make sure there is no communication between the managememnt / ap-manager interface and the service port. if there is, you will have issues and this is why I never connect the service port to the network. If your management is down... most likely your wlc is down too.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
3 REPLIES

As you know... it is best practice not to do that, but as long as the management interface and the service port never communicates with each other, you should be fine. Are you trying to access the WLC through the service port if the managment interface is unavailable?

-Scott

Yup, I am thinking to use the service port as a backup of management interface, but it looks like the IP segment cannot be the same for both interface.

So, maybe i use different segment for management interface.

You will have to and you also have to make sure there is no communication between the managememnt / ap-manager interface and the service port. if there is, you will have issues and this is why I never connect the service port to the network. If your management is down... most likely your wlc is down too.

-Scott
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content