Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WLC Upgrade - FUS Upgrade

Greetings,

I am planning on upgrading our redundant 5508 WLC’s from v.7.3.112.0 to v.7.4.110.0 this weekend. One thing I noticed in the release notes of 7.4 is the guideline to update the Field Upgrade Software to v. 1.7.0.0-FUS.

My question is should this FUS be upgraded before or after I upgrade the WLC to 7.4? On the release notes it does state a FPGA error on the does occur on the 5500 series controllers.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/fus_rn_1_7_0_0.html#wp45499

-----------------------------------------------------------

On a Cisco 5500 Series Controller, it is observed that the controller sporadically reboots (due to a defect CSCtr39523) and displays the following FPGA error message:

fpga: Lost heartbeat from Environment controller, system will reboot in 5 seconds!!!

A crash file is not created to debug or troubleshoot the error.
You can resolve this issue by installing the FUS image. Please see Resolved Caveats for more details.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks,

Robert

Everyone's tags (2)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Honestly, it doesn't really matter the ordr you upgrade in.

Though, I tend to update the FUS before the image.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
VIP Purple

Yes, agree with Steve, order does not matter.

One thing keep in mind this FUS upgrade will take 30-40 min & make sure you get enough outage window to do this

HTH

Rasika

3 REPLIES

Honestly, it doesn't really matter the ordr you upgrade in.

Though, I tend to update the FUS before the image.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
VIP Purple

Yes, agree with Steve, order does not matter.

One thing keep in mind this FUS upgrade will take 30-40 min & make sure you get enough outage window to do this

HTH

Rasika

Thanks for your responses. I will do the FUS first then the Controller software.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content