Views
Helpful
Replies

WlC2106 Redundant link

Cheah Lit Thor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can i configure my cisco wireless controller 2106, 1 connection to CoreSW 1 and another connection from 2106 to CoreSwitch 2?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

weterry
Level 4
Level 4

If the Interface configuration on a 2106 allows for Primary and Backup port, then you should be able to do that.

You'd set port 1 as Primary/Active on all you dynamic interfaces (and management) and connect port 1 to core-sw1. Then you'd set port 2 as Backup port number on all you dynamic interfaces (and management) and connect port 2 to core-sw2.

AP-Managers typically do not "failover" to a backup port, so you'd want to create a 2nd AP-Manager and assign it to port 2 (this is the part I'm assuming the 2106 allows, I don't think the 2106 only allows 1 ap-manager).

It seems like the 7.0.220.0 will not allow for a backup port configuration.  I think 7.0.116.0 and below does.  This is on a 2106.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Now that I think about it.... I dont think there ever was backup ports for a 2106....

So I guess there is no real switch redundancy for a 2106...

There was at one time, because i remember doing that, I just don't know if it was removed on the 7.x or the 7.0.220.0 that I have on my 2106.  I don't want to downgrade:)

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card