Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WlC2106 Redundant link

Hi,

Can i configure my cisco wireless controller 2106, 1 connection to CoreSW 1 and another connection from 2106 to CoreSwitch 2?

Thanks

4 REPLIES
Silver

WlC2106 Redundant link

If the Interface configuration on a 2106 allows for Primary and Backup port, then you should be able to do that.

You'd set port 1 as Primary/Active on all you dynamic interfaces (and management) and connect port 1 to core-sw1. Then you'd set port 2 as Backup port number on all you dynamic interfaces (and management) and connect port 2 to core-sw2.

AP-Managers typically do not "failover" to a backup port, so you'd want to create a 2nd AP-Manager and assign it to port 2 (this is the part I'm assuming the 2106 allows, I don't think the 2106 only allows 1 ap-manager).

Hall of Fame Super Silver

WlC2106 Redundant link

It seems like the 7.0.220.0 will not allow for a backup port configuration.  I think 7.0.116.0 and below does.  This is on a 2106.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Silver

WlC2106 Redundant link

Now that I think about it.... I dont think there ever was backup ports for a 2106....

So I guess there is no real switch redundancy for a 2106...

Hall of Fame Super Silver

WlC2106 Redundant link

There was at one time, because i remember doing that, I just don't know if it was removed on the 7.x or the 7.0.220.0 that I have on my 2106.  I don't want to downgrade:)

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Views
Helpful
Replies