Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WLC2504 in HA, what do i have to do in dynamic interfaces and wlans for the backup controller?

I got two WLC 2504 version 7.6.100.0 and I need both WLCs in HA(primary and secondary SKU). I set up in the primary wlc > Wireless > Access Points > Wireless  > Global Configuration > High Availability > Backup primary IP - Backup primary name, Mobility Groups, Ap Fallback. In the secondary WLC , AP Fallback, Mobility groups and the rest of the configuration, but what happens with dynamic interfaces, wlans for the secondary wlc, it should be necessary to have the same configuration in both WLCs???. Both WLC are connected through wan link, on differents broadcast domain.

Any suggestion and document it`s so well received

Thank you.

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Yes, both the primary and the

Yes, both the primary and the secondary must have the same configuration (except IP addresses).  Don't forget the 802.1Q trunking must allow the same VLANs. 

Thanks Leo, then both WLCs

Thanks Leo, then both WLCs management interfaces should be on the same vlan ?, is it possible to have one wlc in a city and the other wlc in another city??

WLC2504

Hall of Fame Super Gold

is it possible to have one

is it possible to have one wlc in a city and the other wlc in another city??

Nothing wrong with this setup.  It all boils down to your routing.  

then both WLCs management interfaces should be on the same vlan

Not necessary.  I have seen setups where the use the same VLANs.  I've seen setup where they use different VLANs.  Again, it all boils down to your routing.  

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content