Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

WLC5508 for only HREAP/FlexConnect?

Having setup several WLC4402's in the past, I am posed with a new implementation that I have never tried before.  I will be setting up a new 5508 that will ONLY be used for remote access-points in H-REAP mode.  It is going into a datacenter and there will be no local LWAPP's.

Is it still required to setup a dynamic interface on a network that will essentially only have the controller IP?  Or can I serve all the AP's out of the single, untagged management interface (which I believe is also the old ap-manager interface now?) ?

2 REPLIES

you can simply use just the managemnet, as no traffic will be locally terminated at the WLC>

I however would create a 'dummy' interface with a bogus vlan.  Then link the WLANs to the dummy interface, so incase something messes up, you aren't accidentally putting clients on your management subnet.

HTH,
Steve

-----------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Community Member

OK, thank you.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content