cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WPA-PSK

techbydefault
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry for being a techno-nerd, but I am an English teacher at a very small school who gets to dabble in technology because nobody else will.

Here's my problem. I installed DLink N access points. Have Compaq laptops with Win2K using Cisco cards. Is there a driver available for the Cisco cards that will allow me to do WPA-PSK? We used to use WEP, but the old access point was fried by lightening and replaced. I am stuck with the AP and need a solution for the cards ASAP. I don't see a selection in the setup so I am hoping there was a driver update.

Please HELP!!!!!!!!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Joe,

Have a look at the following tech note;

Q. Does the ACU support Wi-Fi Protected Access Pre-Shared Key (WPA-PSK)?

A. WPA provides a Pre-Shared Key version (WPA-PSK) that is intended for use in small office, home office (SOHO) or home wireless networks. ACU (Aironet Client Utility) does not support WPA-PSK. The Wireless Zero Configuration utility from Windows supports WPA-PSK for most wireless cards.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6458/products_qanda_item09186a0080128c0f.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.....

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Joe,

Have a look at the following tech note;

Q. Does the ACU support Wi-Fi Protected Access Pre-Shared Key (WPA-PSK)?

A. WPA provides a Pre-Shared Key version (WPA-PSK) that is intended for use in small office, home office (SOHO) or home wireless networks. ACU (Aironet Client Utility) does not support WPA-PSK. The Wireless Zero Configuration utility from Windows supports WPA-PSK for most wireless cards.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6458/products_qanda_item09186a0080128c0f.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.....

Thanks Rob. I'll try it at lunchtime.

At the very least, I know now that I am not losing my mind. If it works, guess I will just have to put up with the oddities of the WZC that I have read so much about.

Have a great day!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card