Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WS-C3750G-24WS-S50 only supports 25x AIR-LAP1242 instead of 50

Hope someone knows how to solve this issue we have.

A refurbisched WS-C3750G-24WS-S50 that we have send to our client should support 50 LAP  (the unit says WS-C3750G-24WS-S50 at the back of the unit)

Also the "show version" of the 3750 says WS-C3750G-24WS-S50.

He upgraded the WLC software from 4.0 to 5.0 then to 6.0 and finally upgraded to 7.0 now claims the web-interface only shows 25 supported access-points. We never checked the cli from the WLC before the upgrade.

Also he uploaded a old config file from a other S25 intergated WLC controller .

1) What could be the reason for this issue ?

2) How does the upgrading from 25 to 50 LAP work ? Is it like the PIX/ASA with a license key ?

3) When you upgrade the WLC sofware you only use a piece of universel code like the IOS right  ?,can it cause a integrated WLC to loose the support for the 50 LAP ?

4) Can you use a config file from a S25 with out issues ?

5) What part-ID do we need to purchase when we want to upgrade a S25 to a S50 ?

See attached screen shot from the switch.

Many thanks !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: WS-C3750G-24WS-S50 only supports 25x AIR-LAP1242 instead of

That device is hardware dependent and if it's an S50, then it should support 50 lightweight access points and te S25 support 25. There is no license for these type of WLC's, only the 2504, 5508, 7500, wism2, 8500.

Code upgrade does not. Change the ap support because it's all done in hardware.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
6 REPLIES

That device is hardware dependent and if it's an S50, then it should support 50 lightweight access points and te S25 support 25. There is no license for these type of WLC's, only the 2504, 5508, 7500, wism2, 8500.

Code upgrade does not. Change the ap support because it's all done in hardware.

-Scott

Thanks for your post , i could not find any license so now i know why.

How is it possible that a unit physically says it is a S50 and also the "show version" shows this same S50 ? But in hardware it is a S25 ?

Can you limit the amount shown in the web interface by inserting a configuration from a S25 ?

Cisco asked us for a PAK key and or a Sales order number why ? If this unit should be a S50 and imagen there is a srewup on their side should they not be more willing to help us ?

Well there is no license and if you want to RMA the device, you should. Ciaco's limited lifetime warranty states that any device can be replaced within 5 years of EOL. It was a refurb so maybe some S25 parts were swapped in:)

-Scott

Thanks for your answer , with refurb i do not mean from Cisco but from another source ... Looks like perhaps Cisco or previous owner might swapped wrong parts inside .. Looks like we have to replace the unit at our client since we cannot change this to S50

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Hey Scott,

Never played with this kind of WLC before but do you think it could have something to do with the number of WAP in one interface?  I seem to recall a number of "25" WAPs per AP interface in the old "architecture" of the WLC4400.

It's been soo long since I've touched these wlc that I don't know. It is a 4402-25 or 50 built in though but if the show ver shows S50 and the show inventory or GUI shows 25 supported, something is wrong.

-Scott
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content