Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cisco Employee

Accessing PSC Appliance custom directory from Windows

Many people are more comfortable using the editors on their windows machine to edit HTML, JSP, CSS, etc. that may be part of their custom style.  To enable access to ***to everyone*** to the custom directory where custom styles are stored you can run the following commands.  To make this more secure investigate the options for configuring Samba, the linux package that provides this.  After you run the commands you should be able to go to a windows file explorer window and type \\psc-server-name in the location box and there will be a directory called psc-custom.

yum install samba samba-client samba-common

/sbin/chkconfig smb on

/sbin/chkconfig nmb on

/usr/sbin/setsebool -P smbd_disable_trans on

/usr/sbin/setsebool -P winbind_disable_trans on

/usr/sbin/setsebool -P nmbd_disable_trans on

/sbin/iptables -I INPUT -m state --state NEW -m udp -p udp --dport 137 -j ACCEPT

/sbin/iptables -I INPUT -m state --state NEW -m udp -p udp --dport 138 -j ACCEPT

/sbin/iptables -I INPUT -m state --state NEW -m tcp -p tcp --dport 139 -j ACCEPT

service iptables save

mv /etc/samba/smb.conf /etc/samba/smb.conf.bak

vi /etc/samba/smb.conf

#======================= Global Settings ===========

[global]

workgroup = WORKGROUP

security = share

map to guest = bad user

#================ Share Definitions ========================

[psc-custom]

path = /opt/cisco/cpsc/jboss-as-7.1.1.Final/RequestCenterServer/deployments/RequestCenter.war/custom

browsable =yes

writable = yes

guest ok = yes

read only = no

chmod -R 0777 /opt/cisco/cpsc/jboss-as-7.1.1.Final/RequestCenterServer/deployments/RequestCenter.war/custom

/sbin/service smb restart

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content