cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

An approver can approve a requisition without providing values for mandatory fields.

An approver can approve a requisition without providing values for mandatory fields.

We have a requirement where the requestor should not be able to view a field, however approver (While approving) should be able to view/enter values in the field. We have accomplished this.

However the Problem is, This field should be mandatory for approver (e.g. Approver should not be able to approve the requisition unless he enters some value in the field.) How do we accomplish this?

6 Replies 6

If you use the manadatory setting for the field in ServiceDesigner, the mandatory setting will be enforced even if the form is not reviewed/open by the approver.

However, if you are using ISF to set the field as mandatory, this will not be enforced, because the form is not rendered unless the approver actually opens the form.   

#1 and #2 are straightforward -- #3 is not.

#1 - Requestor
Ordering Moment - Customer = None
Service Group Authorization Moment - Customer = None

#2 - Approver
Ordering Moment - Organizational Unit = None
Service Group Authorization Moment - Organizational Unit = Read/Write

#3 - Approver not in the same OU as Requestor
This is problematic. You have a couple of options:

Option A: Set the pe

Hi Ed,

Thanks for your response. It really helped, now we know how to enforce the mandatory validation for approvers before he/she approves the requisition.

I still have an issue. Our requirement is that the Requestor should NEVER be able to see that field/dictionary on the form. Through Dictionary permissions, we could hide it at the ordering moment.

What should be the dictionary permissions at "Service Group Authorization" moment, so that :

1. Requestor should not be able t

if (UserId == ReqCustomerId) { // or initiator or both
  // hide the dictionary/field
}

This won't work in 2006, because I think ReqCustomerId is only supplied in the ordering moment. But you could use the personid from the REQUESTEDBY or REQUESTEDFOR dictionary in the comparison.

Tylor Hagerman
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to do something similar to this where I want the approver to be able to read a dictionary/field, but not the requestor.  I have a fixed approval group that reviews the request and makes a recommendation entry into a field while they approve.  This is working fine as that group is defined so I can give them read/write permission during the approval moment.    I then need that recommendation to be readable to the final approvers, but not visible to the requester should t

James Fuller
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, so this is going to sound really bad, but do you use standard task names for these approvals? 

If so, ISF can be used in conjunction with the moment and task name to limit visibility.  Something like, Moment == 'stauthorizations' && TaskName == 'Approve Requisition'.  It's not ideal, but it works.

Cheers!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: