Views
Helpful
Replies

another brain challenge

Emir AmEx (9.1)
Level 1
Level 1

another brain challenge

Our Cost Center data in LDAP can contain spaces, dashes, etc.

In RC 2006 once the Q2002 was run and the cost center field was populated with a vlaue (lets say 123-45-6789), we ran a Q2002_DataCallback function to modify the Cost Center fexample 123456789).

In 2008 the prefill is handled by nS (the value is 123-45-6789), and I am not sure how to kick of a modification of this field, any Suggestions?

I can write a JS function to run on onload and modify the field, but would prefer an expression, rule, etc ....

Any ideas?

4 Replies 4

Emir AmEx (9.1)
Level 1
Level 1

my question is more, can I modify the values in the reserved dictionaries right after they get loaded?

In RC2006 this was possible by busing Q2002_DataCallback

Tylor Hagerman
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to see the answer to this as well.  We're about to attempt this upgrade and we perform several ISF tasks after the requested by/requested for information is filled in.  The critical item is performing the manager/approver lookup, for which we need an identifier that comes in from the LDAP mapping.

Emir AmEx (9.1)
Level 1
Level 1

Tylor, I still havent found a solution fo rthis, but might have something for you on the leader lookup :)

Unless I'm missing something, Emir's initial use case should be a non-issue. I can write a JavaScript and run it in an onLoad event for the service. The reason you needed a callback when using fetch is that fetch was asynchronous; the pre-fills provided by the reserved dictionaries/form are synchronous, in the same context in which the rules and javascripts execute.  You can use the same function you wrote as a callback, but just have it triggered via the onLoad event.  But if you always have to reformat