cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyone know how to build a Multi Select list from a single string?

Anyone know how to build a Multi Select list from a single string?

I have pulled in a "multi-valued" LDAP attribute using a java class and need to use the "includes/contains" function in service designer against the results...    This function only works when the input type is either a checkbox or multi select.    Currently I have the "multi-values" stored in a single string delimited by ','.   Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Angelo

4 Replies 4

Better yet...anyone know the best way to approach this?   UseCase: Pulling in multi-value LDAP attribute.   Based on the values returned...a service will kick off different workflows.    EX: If JOHN, MIKE, and CHARLES are possible return values for the LDAP attribute...if MIKE does not exist for the RequestedFor, the service must kick off a different workflow.   Anyone??

Thanks,

Angelo

We are trying to pull a multivalue LDAP attribute into a Multi-Select field within the form.  When the customer submits the form, Request Center will need to determine which workflow to follow based on certain values present in the field....

Make sense?

Emir E
Level 1
Level 1

need more details .. not sure what you are doing here

James Fuller
Level 1
Level 1

I think the issue you're running into here is that the field is not delimiting the value sent it from LDAP, thus you're receiving a really long string as one value in the multi-select data element.  That would be my guess.

So, what you'll need to do to allow yourself some flexibility is to bring that string into a hidden data element, then use JavaScript to parse it to the multi-select.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: