Views
Helpful
Replies

API support in IAC

aputhige
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Does IAC support any APIs to be used by another external product?  I am interested in both push and pull notifications. Specifically I would like to [1] pull the inventory information from IAC and [ 2 ] Get push notifications when any "order" is created/completed.

Thanks,

Ashwin

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

mpavlish
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ashwin,

How familiar are you with Prime Service Catalog Integration Guide and Designer Guide?

There is Read-only API for Service Items (I assume this is what you need for #1), and you can modify Service Design to send email notifications to your pre-defined distribution list(s) when last task in the requisition is completed.

These are features of the Prime Service Catalog product that is used by IAC.

Thanks,

Max.

View solution in original post

Lee Calcote
Level 3
Level 3

Adding to Max's response, the Cisco Process Orchestrator Northbound Web Services Guide 2.3 has another set of APIs available for your second set of integration needs. This API aside, the Orchestrator itself "speaks" numerous standard and proprietary protocols and is capable of sending along all order information to external systems.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

mpavlish
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ashwin,

How familiar are you with Prime Service Catalog Integration Guide and Designer Guide?

There is Read-only API for Service Items (I assume this is what you need for #1), and you can modify Service Design to send email notifications to your pre-defined distribution list(s) when last task in the requisition is completed.

These are features of the Prime Service Catalog product that is used by IAC.

Thanks,

Max.

Lee Calcote
Level 3
Level 3

Adding to Max's response, the Cisco Process Orchestrator Northbound Web Services Guide 2.3 has another set of APIs available for your second set of integration needs. This API aside, the Orchestrator itself "speaks" numerous standard and proprietary protocols and is capable of sending along all order information to external systems.

Could you please point me to an example that shows how to get notifications from IAC/CPO ? Is it by using the HTTP/WS Adapter ? I am trying to recieve notifications when a VM is added/deleted.

Thanks,

Ashwin

Let me answer my own question.

To recieve notifications, we have to use process extension points as described here -- https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-2409  .

To recieve web notifications, use :

1. Create a web target and give the URL of your web server (http://mywebserver).

2. Extend the process you are interested in and add a WebHTTPRequest(this can send web notifications) object to the workflow.

2a. Under Properties -> HTTP Request, add relative URL of your listener. (/mylistener) . So now the full URL is http://mywebserver/mylistener.

2b. Under Properties -> Target, set target as the web target created in step 1.

3.  Start your web server listener and execute the workflow. You should see data in XML.

aputhige
Level 1
Level 1

Thank You Max and Lee. From a quick look it looks like what I want. I will read them in detail and update this post if I need anything else.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: