cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I include Comments and History in ServiceLink messages?

Can I include Comments and History in ServiceLink messages?

newScale supports both User Comments  (enterable by the users whenever they work on a service form) and System  History (automatically logged whenever a service request is worked on.)

User  Comments appear in the standard nsXML message generated by an outbound  agent, so can be forwarded to an external system:

<requisition>
             <actual-cost>0.0</actual-cost>
             <actual-duration>0.0</actual-duration>
             <closed-on/>
           <comments>
                 <comment>
                     <comment-date>2007-10-08  17:44:50</comment-date>
                     <comment-id>16</comment-id>
                     <comment-text>This is a user  comment</comment-text>
                     <component-id>3</component-id>
                     <component-name>RequestCenter  Component</component-name>
                     <person>  [A BUNCH OF STUFF ABOUT THE PERSON  OMITTED.]
                     </person>
                     <source-object-id>2</source-object-id>
                      <source-object-inst-id>1</source-object-inst-id>
                 </comment>
             </comments>

Similarly, an inbound message  can be transformed into an Add-Comments message type, to add a User  Comment to a request.  For example, the contents of a Remedy  work log could be added as a User Comment.

Unfortunately, current version of newScale do not support any manipulation of System History.

9 Replies 9

Tylor Hagerman
Level 1
Level 1

We  use the <add-comments> message type in our integration  with Remedy and it adds the comments to the System History log and not  to the User Comments log.

Example entry:

System (External) on 04/16/2008 3:13 PM Remedy Update: SSR 1220026 updated to status Assigned. 

On  a different topic (this might be a bug), but I went looking in some of  the ServiceLink history and somtimes (inconsistantly), the comments g

Emir E
Level 1
Level 1

[A BUNCH OF STUFF ABOUT THE PERSON OMITTED.]

Is there a personID that was omitted that is key component when writing the history? We have 2 RCs sending messages back and forth, but the sids are not the same! Any issues with that?

Tylor Hagerman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Emir - here is all of the person data that was omitted:

<person>
                        <company-address>removed</company-address>
              &n

Hi all,

Have anyone been able to access the comment text in plain text and ship it out over an integration through ServiceLink?

We're trying to capture the #Alternate# delegate approver for a ticket and send it through to OpenView but there's no system parameters to identify who the Alternate was, and whether they in fact approved the request...

Thanks all!

Ant

Daniel Faust
Level 1
Level 1

HI:   

I may have missed the answer here, but I am trying to update the comments of the requisition when the outgoing service link is executed,  something like...

"11/23/2009
ServiceLink sent requisition information to the Remedy System"

I know that it can be done as a manual service link task, but have not figured out how to do this as part of the outgoing transformation.

Thank you
Daniel

Emir E
Level 1
Level 1

Daniel, I think you will have to create a dummy task that will just write the comment

Daniel Faust
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry guys, but I am still confused.

I want to use the inbound adapter to post a message to the Comments/System History and close out the task.

I understand that I can use the dummy adapter for the inbound, but how do I pull in the EXISTING channel-id so that the message gets posted?

Thank you
Daniel
Safeway

Tylor Hagerman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Daniel -  We accomplish this in the inbound Remedy transformation.   So after the web service sends the message to Remedy, it immediately  gets a response.  For example, our response includes the ticket number  that was created.  In the inbound Remedy transformation we put that  ticket number into a field in the form using a parameter, but we also  include the <add-comments> tag to insert a system message  like the one you're referring to.  In that message we include the ticket  number created

Daniel Faust
Level 1
Level 1

Tylor

In your example the "Remedy XML" is providing the channel id and the trigger point.   All I want to do is update the comments via inbound message once the outbound data has been sucessfully sent...

Sorry, still learning this stuff...

Thank you
Daniel
Safeway

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: