cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can the current task be reassigned from within the form?

Can the current task be reassigned from within the form?

We want the Customer to be able to go into the form, during the Authorization Moment, and choose a different person to be the approver (of the current Auth task).   Then they would click the Update button. 

During the FormSubmit, we want to then reassign the task to the person they indicated.

Can we do that?  Do you know how?

Thanks!!

Susie Hoskins, Wells Fargo

11 Replies 11

OK, but is there a way to do a task reassignment, (assuming we know the entity ID of the people record we want to reassign it to).....by some clever java script code that we could attach to the OnFormSubmit event?

In other words, is the "task performer" a variable/namespace that code can write to??

Tonya Sorenson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Susie -

RequestCenter does not currently support the reassignment of an Ongoing authorization by a customer.

This is an excellent question and a great use case for a feature request - might I suggest you

James Fuller
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Susie,

I understand your dilemma.  Here are just a couple of thoughts.

Could I ask, does your version of ReqeustCenter allow for deligation of approvals?  I would suggest that if it does, you use that instead.

We too have issues with approvals sitting for far too long before a user decides to approve them.  However, having a requestor decide where that approval goes could turn into an audit issue as they could send it to themselves.  So now the requestor can order and approve any req

Hi Susie,

I want to be sure we are answering the right question.

(1) We certainly can assign subsequent approval tasks using information in the current/ongoing approval task. This assignment occurs when the current approval is completed.

(2) However, there is not a way to reassign a current/ongoing approval task to another person -- essentially an in-flight delegation.

Are you asking about #1 or #2 above?

- Ed

I'm asking about #2.  IF my requestor could "approve" the current task, and assign a second task to the new approver, that could work...but since they are NOT the performer of that task, they can't close it.  So....I'm stuck with this being qstn #2.

I know re-assignment can be done by an admin from within SvcMgr.  So it's not completely impossible.  And "task-performer" is just a piece of data sitting in a field somewhere....right?

So, I can

Daniel Faust
Level 1
Level 1

hi Susie:    I have asked about this in the past too, and my understanding is that once a requisition has been submitted, there is no functionality that can be attached and triggered on the update.  an OnUpdate (of requisition) would be perfect, but I do not believe that is currently available.

If you hear of another way, I would like to know too.

Thank you
Daniel - Safeway Inc

Thanks for the input.  All suggestions are appreciated!

We do have delegation, but RC is just one service request system among many here, and we have at least 30,000 approvers, so it's not feasible to expect this to happen.

As regards preventing the requester from choosing "anyone" .....  in our environment that's not a problem.  We already have a list of 3 acceptable approvers (in the form)...and what I want to allow the requester to do is pick a different one among the 3....then I want to t

James Fuller
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, so that makes much more sense.  Which version of RC are you using? 

In our version, the performer is actually the PersonID from the DirPerson table of who is assigned to a specific task. 

Now to update the correct task with the new performer's PersonID in RequestCenter, you'll need the current ActivityID.  Use that to query the TxActivity table and update the PerformerID column in that table to reassign the task.

This is all assuming that this is the only column that would need to b

Oh....this sounds like it will be exactly what we need....  thanks a lot James!!

Tylor Hagerman
Level 1
Level 1

A suggestion to NS would be to add functionality to the new web services in RC2008 to add the ability to reassign an authorization task rather than just approve or reject them.  Then users with a valid need could use the API to customize rather than try to mess with the database.

James Fuller
Level 1
Level 1

I agree with Tylor.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: