cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Canceling requests by admins after point of no return

lim.park01
Level 1
Level 1

In the prime service catalog, there is option for tasks where you can say after this task starts, prevent cancelation of request. I think this option is great for stopping end-users from canceling the request after certain point, but there are times when admins need to be able to cancel requests even if it is past this point (e.g. if for some issue downstream, it needs to be canceled to cleanup etc.).

Is there a way to do this for admins? I've tried the API to cancel the request, but this validation is still there through API which prevents you to cancel if delivery plan has past the task with the option set.

Thank you.

5 Replies 5

sotoh
Level 1
Level 1

You can indeed still cancel the request after the the request has passed the "point of no return", but only in the Service Manager module.

You can either do a Delivery Plan cancel (clicking Cancel Plan on the Monitor Plan task), or do a Requisition cancel (on the Requisitions view).

Ah ok. I did not bother to look at it from the Service Manager module...

Thanks for the info.

Is this also supported via web services? canelRequisition operation for RequisitionService.

Yes.  The RAPI cancelRequisition operation should be able to cancel requests that are past the "point of no return".

To further clarify my earlier answer, three are two ways to cancel requisitions in Service Manager:

1. Canceling the delivery plan - bring up the Monitor plan task and click "Cancel Plan".
  2. In the Recent Requisitions view, select the requisition(s) and click cancel requisitions button. This one allows multiple cancels.

Hello!

Have you used the RAPI cancelRequisition operation? We are in need of this very badly.

If you could provide any information on how you got this to work I would be forever grateful!!

Mariah

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: