Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot add vCenter as Physical Account in UCS Director 5.0.0

robin99
Level 1
Level 1

hello all,

I am having problem to connect vCenter 5.5U2 from UCS Director 5.0.0. In the add physical account page, there is a mandatory field for cloud name and I have no idea where to setup this on vCenter server in order to add the account successfully. I could not use own cloud name and received error could not connnect to the cloud name. Has anyone in this forum successfully perform this task?

Any assistance for me is much appreciated.

4 Replies 4

Paul Jeffrey
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

The cloud name does not correlate to anything in vCenter, this more of a friendly name that you associate with this account, if you are still having issues adding this account then it's mostly likely related to some of the other configuration that is incorrect or UCS Director cannot access the vCenter server.

Hi Paul,

thanks for your thought. Unfortunately it did not allow to proceed without reachability to the Cloud Name. I am thinking of these possibilities now:

1. software bug on UCS Director 5.0.0.0 or 5.0.0.1.

2. unsupported vCenter 5.5U2 integration with current / latest UCS Director software

3. no UCS Director pod license. I saw there is no small/medium/ enterise pod licence so this might be an issue.

Do you have any idea on the above possibilities? Thanks

Hi, in response to your questions:

1. software bug on UCS Director 5.0.0.0 or 5.0.0.1.

I have managed to connect vCenter 5.1 in our environment so don't think it's related to this

2. unsupported vCenter 5.5U2 integration with current / latest UCS Director software

The compatibility matrix mentions 5.5, however it doesn't specify if that includes U2 or not, perhaps you could send a screenshot of the configuration as you have it when trying to complete the addition of the virtual account?

3. no UCS Director pod license. I saw there is no small/medium/ enterise pod licence so this might be an issue.

Not too familiar with the breakdown of the licensing unfortunately as we have a complete license implemented in our environment, although I would expect vCenter licenses to be part of the base licensing model

Hi,

I finally reinstalled the UCSD and problem was fixed.. The UCSD 5.0.0.1 supports vmware 5.5U2. Thanks