Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Choosing A Person/Queue in Form

We have a senario at our company where during the authorization moment, a service team routes the approval to a person through a person select data field.  In some cases they would like to send it to a service team rather than just a person.  Currently the only way to send approvals to service teams is by actually adding them to the workflow.  I'd like to give the service team who routes the request for approval the same ability a service manager member has when they create an ad-hoc task.  When users assign an ad-hoc task they have the ability to designate a queue OR person.  Is their ISF needed to perform this function within the form during service group authorization? I have attached a screen shot of what I'm referring to.

Thanks,

Charlie

Everyone's tags (1)
9 REPLIES

Hi Charlie,

Which version of RC are you using?  I just noticed that this is similar to the other discussion in the service design group.  From what I get from this is that your suggestion is to modify the person lookup or use a person/queue lookup for that field.  I would imagine that would be a modification to the person type field in the dictionary and would require newScale's assistance.

However, there may be someone o

Tylor,

I made a similar suggestion in the following discussion: Choosing A Queue for Approval 

Perhaps we should get these two discussions merged?

A few thoughts... I don't know enough about what you're trying to do to know if they would work or not.

1. Have an approval that is assigned to the service team that needs to choose the appropriate approver (person or queue).  Instead of applying approval, they could just reassign that approval in ServiceManager to anyone...a queue or a person.

2. Instead of just a person selection field, have 3 fields.  The first field being a radio selection of "Assign to Person or Queue".  T

We don't currently have a merge capability, but I could put them both in the same group. Thoughts?

I like the idea about querying the queues in the RequestCenter database into a dropdown, but don't know if that is such a good idea.....  Does anyone see a potential problem with querying the "guts" of RequestCenter?  Just scared it may cause problems...

Thanks,

Charlie

Hi Charlie,

We currently have this in our production environment without any reported issues.  We use this to maintain our queue membership without having to have someone type in the queue name, they just have to pick it from the list.

I understand your reservations.  I hope there are others that have done this as well that could ease your mind.  As always, nothings quite as nice as some good old QA.  :-)

Cheers!

Sure.  It's pretty straightforward, which is nice.  You'll need to set up a different ODBC connection to the production database as the standard RequestCenter datasource isn't available in ServiceDesigner (at least in the version we're on).

Query as follows: (all queues are held in the DirPerson table)

select
P.FirstName as QueueName
from
DirPerson P
where
    P.isOffice = 1
and P.IsInactive = 0

order by 1

James:   Do you have an example of the SQL used to query the list of active queues?  This is something that we have been wanting to do.

Thank you
Daniel

Thanks  bunch James!  It looks like this will help in solving some of the complaints we get from some of the "Approving" service teams!

Views
Helpful
Replies