cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CIAC Cloud tap VMware Keystore Password Panel

mimahon
Level 1
Level 1

I am on the screen for the import wizard for Cloud Automation and I get to the part where it asks for the keystore password.  Here is the help text:

VMware Keystore Password Panel

Use the Keystore tab to enter the password that protects the Java keystore file used to keep SSL certificates for all configured VMware targets.

For new installations, this password can be set to any valid six-character keytool password. For installation upgrades, this password can be set to the password that is already used to protect the previously configured keystore file.

Field

Description

Keystore password

Enter the key file password which provides access to the file.

Note: The Required Value  icon displayed on a tab or page indicates that a required field is missing a value.

How do I get this keystore password for existing VMWare targets? 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank,

Mike

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You generate this password yourself.  Just type something in. It's used to get access to the keyfile itself.  The required keys from vCenter are already in there.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

mimahon
Level 1
Level 1

Does it need to be from the ESX Server or is it something I generate myself?  Is it the public or the private key?

You generate this password yourself.  Just type something in. It's used to get access to the keyfile itself.  The required keys from vCenter are already in there.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: