cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco NSM with CIAC

Hungnt_sbd
Level 1
Level 1

Does CIAC License including the permission to use Cisco NSM?

As I see it, Cisco NSM is a way to automate network provsioing for VM in multi-tenancy enviroment (VMDC). But not much information about the way it can be intergrated with CCP and CPO. CPO has an adapter for it but no built-in process using NSM activities.

I checked with our local Cisco guy and he said there is no clear roadmap for Cisco NSM. So I looking forwarding to hearing more from other experts.

2 Replies 2

Lee Calcote
Level 3
Level 3

Since the release of Network Services Manager (NSM) as part Cisco Intelligent Automation for Cloud (IAC) 3.1 , we have seen a strong alignment of network automation use cases with Tier 1 Service Providers. Capitalizing on this alignment, NSM functionality will evolve from a standalone product to system/solution with greater flexibility and field adaptation. Given this evolution, the TEO 2.3.5 NSM adapter will be obsoleted in the Process Orchestrator 3.0 release (TEO has been renamed to PO).

Cisco IAC 4.0 will offer network-enhanced application deployment environments in private and public cloud deployments, with self-service network policy control, and virtual network provisioning. Cisco IAC 4.0 will integrate with Cisco Prime Network Services Controller (NSC - formerly known as VNMC), Cisco 1000v series products - CSR, ASA and Nexus, Cisco VSG and Citrix NetScaler VPX. This integration along with other native IAC 4.0 functionality, like network discovery, inventory and topology, network kdevice registration, greenfield / limited brownfield support, network catalog management, onboard and off-board tenants, manage tenant network services and offerings, tenant and organization views to order and manage their virtual data centers and virtual network services, manage firewall and load-balancer policies for individual VMs.

Hi Lee,

Is there anything I can show to my customers ?

One is currently with CIAC 3.0 and wonder to migrate to 4.0.

A major driver would be network automation. So far, he's using SSH component in CPO to interact with Cisco elements, including VNMC.

Once a command line has changed, so he has to go back to its workflow and fix the activity.

Will such situation occur again with CIAC 4 and its network containers ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: