cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Creating a business day calendar in Tidal

femibyte1
Level 1
Level 1

How can I create a business day calendar e.g. if I wish to run on the 4th business day of every month ?

4 Replies 4

There are multiple ways to achieving this. Let me know if this works for you.

1. I assume that you have a holiday calendar and workdays calendar to reference. Or you can use standard calendars provided by Tidal such Holidays US, if that suits you. 
  2. Choose a 'Monthly Calendar with Days' type and select 4th day of the month while creating your '4th Working Day of the month' calendar.
  3. On the Conditions tab of the calendar, add a new condition where If Conflicts With the calendar determined in step #1, select the action to be taken based on your need. Simple action could be to go to next day. If you have a Workdays calendar that you want to reference, then you can use the action as Next Calendar and provide the Workdays calendar name. 

But these actions are not applied recursively. For example, if July 4th in US happens to be on a Friday, then it will run on July 5th(Saturday). It will not apply the action further to check if 5th is a holiday or not

From Cisco doc:

Note: The Closest Day, Previous Day and the Next Day action options only apply to a specific day within a conflicting calendar–not to the entire calendar. If there is a conflict with more than one day within the calendar, you must individually apply the appropriate action to each day that conflicts with the calendar

Thanks for your suggestions.

If you have a Workdays calendar to reference, try using the subset calendar feature.

I suggest you to review and understand the logic in the default subset calendars provided by Tidal. For example, you could refer to Year Begin which gives you the first workday of the year. Or Week Begin which has the first workday of the week

Derrick Au
Level 4
Level 4

Hi femibyte1,

Taking the subset calendar approach is fairly simple to set up. Let's assume the following calendars: Workdays US (Monday through Friday excluding US Holidays), and Daily (Monday through Sunday).

Step 1. Create a SUBSET calendar

Step 2. Set occurrence to 1st, Calendar = Workdays US, Time frame = Month

Step 3. Click on Conditions tab, and add Daily calendar (to remove weekends)

Step 4. Set Action to Next Calendar, offset by 3 days, and select Workdays US calendar

Step 5. Forecast to verify your business date calendar is correct