Views
Helpful
Replies

Customize the Login Page?

Mary Schlemmer
Level 1
Level 1

Customize the Login Page?

Is it possible to add additional information to the login page, such as user name and initial password instructions, or a link to other documents?

8 Replies 8

Hi Mary,

I think there is a post in the Service Design group (here) that has the information you are looking for.

Mary Schlemmer
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Ed, but actually I was looking for a way to educate people before they even get logged to MyServices. Customers struggle to remember what their logins are (our corporatation does not yet use SSO). I'd like to add a link on the newScale home page (perhaps above the "Forgot Passsword" lnk) that reminds folks of their user ID is, how-to's, or maybe policy.  

Is that customizable at all?

James Fuller
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mary,

Which version of RC is your company using?  We have customized our login page just for those same reasons.  There are a number of different ways you can go about doing it. 

Take a look at this example.  It uses the site CSS to maintain the same look and feel the user will experience inside the application.

James

Mary Schlemmer
Level 1
Level 1

We've just upgraded to 2007. And I agree- I think we want to do exactly as you've done in the graphic above. Could yo give me a little more detail, or point me in the right direction?

Wendy Howerton
Level 1
Level 1

Can we change the login page that is delivered - add a photo, wording, etc.?

Wendy Howerton
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks James.  I work with HTML, but it's been awhile since I worked with Custom Style Sheets - I will definitely make sure I have the original!!Laughing 

James Fuller
Level 1
Level 1

In our version, the login.rc file contains the code used to display the login page.  You should have an understanding of HTML and CSS prior to trying to edit this page and as always, keep a copy of the original prior to your edits.

The answer to your question I believe is yes as I have posted above. Smile

Emir E
Level 1
Level 1

in 2008.0.3 SP5 custom header/footer apply to the login page. Use css/JS to overly a div with thatever you want ...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: