Views
Helpful
Replies

Database Image Service Migration Method

Charles Haynes
Level 1
Level 1

Database Image Service Migration Method

We are using the Database Image to migrate our first services from our Dev to Test environment.  A couple questions

1. Do we replace all 3 databases (RequestCenter, Datamart, Contentstore) or just the RequestCenter.

2. All transactions have been removed from the development service catalog via the Transaction Killer script.  The minor changes we know that need to be made to the database after migration include:

a. LDAP configuration changes,

b. Changing in the CnfParams table the backdoor access ip address (SSO_AdminURLS), and the CognosServer URL address. 

Are there any additional database changes required?

3. We have copied all customization files to the test server and have verified that are operating as expected.  Are there any other known anomalies we should be on the look out?

thanks

cmh

3 Replies 3

1. Only RequestCenter is relevant for service migration.

2. ServiceLink agents, if applicable.  If you keep the admin URLs for ALL the sites in the cnfParams file row, you won't have to update this.

3. No.

Emir AmEx (9.1)
Level 1
Level 1

1. Leslie is right

2. Any SL agents (or else they will pick up your Dev messages)

3. Make sure you have updated:
SMTP server
Site.URL variable
SiteProtections (Data Import/Export) if applicable

My recommendations:
I can't believe you will be authorized to go to QA or PROD this way ....

Why aren't you preparing ServiceMigrate scripts instead?You will have to to this sooner or later, and I recommend sooner for the lessons learned

Keep in mind:<

Emir,

PSG recommended the same "migration" solution to us when initially seeding our QA and Production environments before go-live.   We went live with over 200 services...   ServiceMigrate works great, but I do not believe it is a great idea to try to bulk migrate all services for initial seeding...this increases risk of data corruption.   We froze development at least one month before go-live to seeded all of our environments.  Any addit

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: