Helpful
Replies

Deactivating terminated staff

Meghan Williams
Level 1
Level 1

Deactivating terminated staff in RequestCentre

Hello there,

I'm after a bit of advice and I can't seem to find an existing topic here.

We're currently running version 2008.3 SP7 and are looking to delete or deactivate staff in RC automatically when they are terminated in eDirectory/AD.  They are still appearing on pick lists, which can cause a few issues.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

7 Replies 7

Ant Erickson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Meghan,

We are in the same position - it's a bit of a loose-end on the directory integration.  Thankfully, we have a mini Identity Management database which contains all of the user records in the organisation so we're going to run a script that compares, daily, to whether an account is in active directory or not, and then updating the DirPerson table to mark it as inactive there.

Not very elegant, but thankfully there's an IsInactive column in that table which at least makes it a bit cleaner!

Thanks,

Ant

Meghan Williams
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for your reply, Ant. 

We'll give that a go as a workaround.

-Meghan

Meghan Williams
Level 1
Level 1

Just an update on this, not only do you need to update the 'isinactive' field, but I found out from support that RecordStateID also needs to be updated to show the person as inactive in org-designer.

psuedo-code below:

SELECT [PersonID]  FROM [RequestCenter].[dbo].[DirNetworkInfo]

where [Loginname] = (name in disabled AD list)

then using results

UPDATE [RequestCenter].[dbo].[DirPerson]

SET [IsInactive] = 1 and [RecordStateID] = 2

WHERE [DirNetworkInfo].[PersonID] = [DirPerson].[PersonID]

Ant Erickson
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Meghan, that is invaluable information - I appreciate you sharing it.

Would be nice if there was more robust directory integration (feature request already logged for it!).

Thanks,

Ant

Ant Erickson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Meghan,

I'm likely to be submitting our request for the development of the same functionality; one question that came to mind; are you renaming the Login IDs also, to avoid any potential duplication?  Where you have many John Smiths', I'd like to avoid someone  assuming someone else's account if they happen to have the same login name 1-2 years later...

I was thinking just suffixing/prefixing the loginID with the date of deletion or something - have you addressed this?

Appreciate your help!

Ant

Meghan Williams
Level 1
Level 1

you know I hadn't even considered that... and we do tend to reuse names due to our high staff turnover.

I'll have to consider a solution for this and I'll update when we figure something out.

cheers

Ant Erickson
Level 1
Level 1

No worries, I had included 'date of deactivation' in my scoping but as I think about it, if there's an external process running to disable the Person records, then I'm going to try and prefix it with the Employee ID (which for us, thankfully, is always unique!).  That way there's no risk of mix-up, and also provides a relation back to archived requests etc where you have 10 John Smiths!

Thanks Meghan,

Ant

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: