Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Does anyone know how to reset a Single Select Dropdown back to "null"?

I have a bunch of dropdowns that I want reset if a user flips a radio button to a different value at the beginning of the form.

I have a Yes/No radio button presented at the beginning of the form.  When the radio button is clicked, dropdowns apprear with values "pulled" via data retrevial rules.  All of that works great.  What I can't figure out how to do is reset the dropdowns if the user changes the Yes/No radio button at the top of the form.  One of the actions in the AFC Rule list is set a field's value to NULL.  I try to reset the dropdown with that action, but it just doesn't seem to do the trick... any ideas?

Thanks!

Charlie

Everyone's tags (1)
3 REPLIES

Does anyone know how to reset a Single Select Dropdown back to "

Oh yeah... we're on version 9.1

Since data retrievals that return null don't re-populate/reset the drop down it's tied to, why not have the other value return a single static data retrieval value, something like "-- Please Select --"  or " -- ".   This will most likely though require writing your own ISF function, since data retrievals cannot be setup with conditional values.  But depending on how your query is setup, you maybe able to setup the "IF/Then" statement in a single query.  Hope this helps

var myselect=document.getElementById(dropdownfield);
 myselect.options.length = 0;

Views
Helpful
Replies