Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dropping categories and keywords?

Original post by melissa reed 
10:54am, May 17 

Has anyone had issues with categories and keywords being dropped when services are imported?  I create the package in one environment from catalog deployer (an advanced service package).  The primary service definition is set to replace.  All other settings are set to skip.  It doesn't happen all the time or even with all services.  It's sporadic.  Any others experience this? 

TIA!
Melissa

3 Replies 3

Enrico (newScale) 
3:25pm, May 18 
Hi Melissa, on which RequestCenter version are you experiencing this issue? Also please specify app server and DB server.
Enrico (newScale) 
3:55pm, May 18 
Melissa, this appears to be a known issue. Go ahead and open a case with newScale Customer Care.

Enrico (newScale) 
3:25pm, May 18 

Hi Melissa,

on which RequestCenter version are you experiencing this issue? Also please specify app server and DB server.

Enrico (newScale) 
3:55pm, May 18 

Melissa,

this appears to be a known issue. Go ahead and open a case with newScale Customer Care.

Scott S - Gap, Inc. 
8:45am, May 19 

I'm having the same issue with categories and keywords being dropped when using the export/import function in ServiceDesigner (v2008.3 SP5) to clone services.  It's very easy to re-create the issue:

Person1 exports a service to be cloned.  The service is associated with Category A.
Person2 adds a few other services to Category A
Person1 renames the service name in the exported XML and then imports the XML to clone the service. 

The import causes all of Person2's services to be dropped from CategoryA.
I'm in the process of writing up more details and will be opening a case with NCC.
--Scott

The import causes all of Person2's services to be dropped from Category A. I'm in the process of writing up more details and will be opening a case with NCC.

--Scott

Chris Morris - HNTB 
5:46am, May 20  

I don't believe we've experienced this with v9.1.

melissa reed
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have a follow up to this?  I've run into this again where services are being removed from categories upon migration, even services that are not in the migration package.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: