Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dynamic Assignment Form Permission

Original post by khunte42
5:57am, May 25 

I want to be able to turn on and off the edit permission/access control of part of a form depending on if the person that is viewing the form is a member of the current assigned Service Team/Queue or not.  Is this possible I was thinking of using namespace variables to check membership that would have to be on load etc.  If anyone can shed some light on this or if someone has done this before please do share.  I don't want to have to recreate the wheel unless it is doable and necessary, thanks!

1 Reply 1

Craig Christiane
3:35am, May 27

Hi, 

I don't think you will be able to define this based a Service Team or Queue. Another work around I believe would to be create a custom role within OrganisationDesigner and assign those people you wish to have edit permissions on that form to the custom role created. Once the custom role has been defined you can then use AFC rules to create a condition based on that role and then apply the rules you want to take effect, show or hide a certain dictionary or field, make editable, etc and then make the triggering event on load.

Craig
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: