cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

E-mail Template URL's

Joe McConnell
Level 1
Level 1

Create link in e-mail template that takes requestor directly to form details of the specific request.

We have the delivery of PC request done in VSM.  RequestCenter creates a VSM ticket and gets the VSM ticket number back.  This ticket number is put on the form of each request.  Right now we have a link in the email template that takes the requestor to the Requisition Status page, and the requestor must click on the Service Name to see the form information.  What syntax can I use to have a requestor go straight to the form data? It exists for approvers, so I'm assuming I can do it for the requestor as well.

2 Replies 2

Hi Joe,

It's usually possble to construct these sorts of URLs by going to the particular page you want to get to, copying the URL from your browser, and replacing the numbers for things like the Requisition ID, Requisition Entry ID and Service ID with their corresponding namespace varaibles. 

I just did that in one of our 9.1 training environments and came up with this URL, which took me directly from an email template to the form data in MyServices:

#Site.URL#/myservices/navigate.do?query=requisitionentrystatus&reqid=#Service.Requisition.RequisitionID#&reqentryid=#Service.RequisitionEntryID#&formAction=displayEntryStatus&performerID=&serviceid=#Service.ServiceID#&requisitionId=#Service.Requisition.RequisitionID#&

When you paste this into the email template and save it, the HTML editor will replace instances of "&" with "&". So, my saved URL looks like this:

Joe McConnell
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks, that worked.  Mine was a bit different so I listed below for reference.

#Site.URL#myservices/navigate.do?query=requisitionentrystatus&reqid=#Service.Requisition.RequisitionID#&reqentryid=#Service.RequisitionEntryID#&formAction=displayEntryStatus&performerID=&serviceid=#Service.ServiceID#&requisitionId=#Service.Requisition.RequisitionID#&