cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Email Contact for Queues

Brian Hom
Level 1
Level 1

Can a namespace or expression be used in the queue contact email field?

Currently, we have been creating an exchange distribution list with the service team members and using this email address in the queue contact email field for notifications.  This requires us to mange members for both an exchange DL and the newScale service team.  It would be much easier to just manage one.

I would like to know if it is possible to use namespace or an expression to have the email addresses of the service team members for the service team associated with a queue populate the queue email contact field.

Thanks in advance.

Brian

2 Replies 2

Hi Brian,

Unfortunately,  the email field for a queue will accept only actual email addresses. Your current method -- maintaining a distribution list in your mail application -- is the standard method for emailing all users who work in a particular queue. 

Keith Berlin
Level 1
Level 1

You can use a list of addresses in the email contact field, separted by commas.  So, just as you would with a distribution list, changes in the service team would require changes in two places (with the Dist List change the Service Team OU and DL, with my option change the ST OU and remove the address from the email contact list for that queue).

The advantage I see in my solution is that it is fully contained within the application, not relying on updating the distribution list, which is in a different application, and I don't have rights to in our environment, therefore someone else needs to make that change.

Neither solution is ideal.  There should email contacts set up by default for everyone in a service team.  In my humble opinion, having to create that queue manually, then create the email contact manually, and mantain that list manually is a flaw in the application.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: