Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Email Order Template

The "Service.ServiceDefinitionName# namespace is not reflecting in the Subject Field of the email for the Order Confirmation Email Template

When configuring a system wide email template for Order Confirmation Email Template in the Administration module>Settings tab, newScale is not picking up the #Service.ServiceDefinition.Name# namespace in the Emails Subject Field.

To test I configured the Email Template to be also sent out during when a Task is started in the Plan Tab and it picks up the #Service.ServiceDefinition.Name# namespace used in the Email Template.

Can anyone advise if they have a workaround or have a solution to this issue.

thanks

Craig

ns 9 SP1; JBoss, SQL 2005

Everyone's tags (1)
2 REPLIES
Community Member

Email Order Template

We have the same setup as you and it works fine for us.

The only workaround I can come up with would be to use Javascript to pull the ServiceName onLoad and enter it into a field in the request.  Your email template should be able to pull that just fine.  Why it's not working as it should, though, is a mystery to me right now.

Community Member

Email Order Template

Hi Craig,

This particular email -- the systemwide confirnmation email that was added as a feature in newScale 9 -- is attached to/associated with the requisition, and not the servoice/requisition entry. Therefore, you will need to construct the email using the same namspace variables you would use for an email related to requisition-level events.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content