Views
Helpful
Replies

Email Parsing Adapter

Brandy DeMarco
Level 1
Level 1

Email Parsing Adapter

An interesting idea - what about an email parsing adapter?  It would be too cool to have an email agent that was configurable by email account (pop, smtp, etc.) and typical account settings, that could skim emails for name value pairs or something similar.  Not sure how it would be configured, but the idea being that you could accept changes to services based on emails into a specific email box (comments, updates of tasks, etc.)

2 Replies 2

Brandy DeMarco
Level 1
Level 1

eGain seems pretty robust (though we aren't using it and I don't know much about it, so that's not an official endorsement), but I don't know that I'm talking about a full-scale enterprise application integration, but rather something simple - a basic, configurable, email parsing agent with a couple of options so that it can support diffent types of email environments.

Emir E
Level 1
Level 1

eGain holds the patent on that - doubt is would be financially viable for nS to use their plugin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: