Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Expression to bypass Authorization

I have a service that could have up to 8 approvers. I have the following expression Service.Data.CI_APPROVERS.Name<>"" which does not work. What is the best way to bypass the authorizations when the approver is blank?

I have a service that could have up to 8 approvers.  I have the following expression Service.Data.CI_APPROVERS.Name<>"" which does not work.  What is the best way to bypass the authorizations when the approver is blank?

1 Reply 1

Tylor Hagerman
Level 1
Level 1

If the "Name" field is a person selector, the value of it when blank might not be an empty string.  It does something weird where the value is something like the person ID concatinated by a character (might be the pipe | character) and the person's name.  So an "empty" person field might actually be "|".  So you might try Service.Data.CI_APPROVERS.Name<>"|" and see if that works.  If not, you could always just add another field asking "Does this request require an approval?" with Yes/No responses, and if Yes, then display the person field and make it required.  Then you can base your conditional approval logic on how they answered the question.  Good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: