Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Expression to bypass Authorization

I have a service that could have up to 8 approvers. I have the following expression Service.Data.CI_APPROVERS.Name<>"" which does not work. What is the best way to bypass the authorizations when the approver is blank?

I have a service that could have up to 8 approvers.  I have the following expression Service.Data.CI_APPROVERS.Name<>"" which does not work.  What is the best way to bypass the authorizations when the approver is blank?

1 Reply 1

Tylor Hagerman
Level 1
Level 1

If the "Name" field is a person selector, the value of it when blank might not be an empty string.  It does something weird where the value is something like the person ID concatinated by a character (might be the pipe | character) and the person's name.  So an "empty" person field might actually be "|".  So you might try Service.Data.CI_APPROVERS.Name<>"|" and see if that works.  If not, you could always just add another field asking "Does this request require an approval?" with Yes/No responses, and if Yes, then display the person field and make it required.  Then you can base your conditional approval logic on how they answered the question.  Good luck!