Views
Helpful
Replies

File copy from CPO to CCP

vigneswaram
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team

Could anyone please provide the details of how to copy a file from CPO to CCP app server?

Below are the details:

1) I have a file (say abc.txt) in CPO server in c folder (say c:\abc\abc.txt)

2) I need to copy this from CPO server to CCP App server (Linux machine) - path like /opt/scpp/abc/

Is there any activity to do this. if yes plz provide the details with example like what are the properties need to configure and file paths

Regards,

Vignesh.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Thanks Shaun for your inputs.

When i tried this i am getting error like "The network path was not found".

May be i am wrong with file path configurations. Please suggest the example file paths to give.

Attached image for reference.

Thanks and Regards,

Vignesh.

View solution in original post

Zongyong Zheng
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Vignesh,

Based your screenshot, the specified shared folder is wrong.  If it is a shared folder, you should specify it as \\<YourHostName>\<YourSharedFolder>\....

Thanks,

James

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Tuan Tran
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm not quite familiar with Linux.  But, if you can run a "DOS" command from your PO server to copy files to the Linux machine, then you should be able to use the "Execute Windows Command" activity to run that command.

Shaun Roberts
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi!

Assuming you have SSH install on the CCP app server (which is a default in linux so I'll assume so) you can create a Unix/Linux target to your CCP App server and then use the "Put File" activity which will SFTP it to your Unix/Linux box.

You need to configure the local file information and the remote destination on where the file is going.

--Shaun

--Shaun Roberts
Principal Engineer, CX
shaurobe@cisco.com

Thanks Shaun for your inputs.

When i tried this i am getting error like "The network path was not found".

May be i am wrong with file path configurations. Please suggest the example file paths to give.

Attached image for reference.

Thanks and Regards,

Vignesh.

Based on that SS, your directory slashes are the wrong direction for a windows share. Please see my attached screenshot of one of my successful uploads. I do this kind of thing many times per day in our custom automations for Cisco Support.

--Shaun Roberts
Principal Engineer, CX
shaurobe@cisco.com

I tried with same as above screen shot. But still facing the same issue.

See my attached SS.

Is there any aditional folder permissions required for this?

I cannot tell what the error is from that screenshot, only that the activity is in error.

Make sure that the Server User from CPO (windows user) has access to that share and file.

Also make sure the run time user for your Unix/linux connection has SFTP access and has access to copy files to that directory on your Unix/Linux box.

--shaun

--Shaun Roberts
Principal Engineer, CX
shaurobe@cisco.com

Zongyong Zheng
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Vignesh,

Based your screenshot, the specified shared folder is wrong.  If it is a shared folder, you should specify it as \\<YourHostName>\<YourSharedFolder>\....

Thanks,

James

vigneswaram
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks James,

Now i am able to copy file from CPO to CCP app server.

Issue got resolved with share path like \\<YourHostName>\<YourSharedFolder>...

Thanks for your support.