Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

'First Past the Post' Approval Process

I am currently developing a service which requires an authorization step prior to fulfilling the request. Is it possible to assign multiple approvers with a 'first past the post' approach to sign-off, i.e. approvers are notified concurrently but only one 'signature' is required for approval to be granted and if so, how?

Everyone's tags (1)
4 REPLIES

We have a service that requires the exact same thing. According to NewScale, this is a commonly asked for function. NewScale also stated that this function is not on the roadmap for new releases of the product. Of course they are welcome to correct me :-)

The quick answer is that RC cannot perform a concurrent approval step as you described.

Options we discussed that might help you include:

1. Creating a service group for the approvers in the approval step which will function simil

Thanks Derrick, it's good to know that I am not alone on this one...

To make matters worse, our list of approvers varies dependant upon the value selected by the Requestor in relation to a specific form field. The value is passed to a query related to an external data source and the result bound to a further form field...

I don't understand newScale's position given that this is a commonly raised issue...

we built 60 queues for one service in order to accomplish this, the queue is then dynamically assigned based on user input

All variations of approvers were added to queues

We would very much like to see the ability to create a "dynamic" approval group as well.

Views
Helpful
Replies