Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Functional Position

Functional Position

Hi,

We have created a new functional position and however, when trying to assign a person to that functional position, the window pulls only admins and nobody else. Did anyone get this problem? Or have we done something wrong when creating the functional position?

We are currently using RC 2007.1.1

Thank you for all your help,

Wesley.

Everyone's tags (1)
3 REPLIES

Functional Position

Hi Wesley,

The users who can be assigned to a Functional Position must have a releationship to the entity to which the Functional Position is assigned.

For example, a Functional Position assigned to an OU can only be filled by users who are members of that OU. A Functional Position assigned to a Service Group or Service can only be filled by a member of the service team which owns the Service Group.

So - if your Functional Position is assigned to a Service Group or a Service and you are

Functional Position

>if i put the managers in the Site Admin OU will they have admin rights also?

Yes, they will.

>We have assigned the Site Admin OU because only the admins customise the services

That is actually not necessary since service group ownership does not govern who can design and configure services. That is goverened by roles and permissions.

Given that you have only one service group and it is currently owned by the Site Administration service team, I would do the following

Functional Position

Hi Ed,

Yes, the Site Admin OU owns that Service Group.

We have only one Service Group for all our services. Since, we have different service teams working for the same service, we have not been able to categorise our services into groups. They are categorised in the front page but not in the back end.

We have assigned the Site Admin OU because only the admins customise the services. Please correct me if i am wrong, but if i put the managers in the Site Admin OU will they have admin righ

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content