Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Guidance on Service Catalog structure, look & feel, best pratices, etc

Guidance on Service Catalog structure, look & feel, best pratices, etc

My company starts putting the RequestCenter service catalog together.  I am just wondering anyone willing to share any guidances, best practices, things to avoid, ideas that work / does not work, end users feedbacks, etc.  Any advices are appreciated, and screen captures will definitely help too.
5 Replies 5

Eric Delore
Level 1
Level 1
Hi Hoan, we have a new manual that may be of help to you. I have attached it here. It is the newScale Service Library Quick Reference Design Guide.

The guide provides an overview of the decisions newScale made when organizing our available service libraries, when pairing images with categories and services, as well as other tips and best practices—all focused on ease of use and navigation for the end user.

The link to the guide on ou

Bary Wilkinson
Level 1
Level 1
Hoan, what exactly are you looking for? Are you looking for some taxonomy advice? If so, perhaps people would be willing to post screenshots of their catalog. I would love to see what others have done and I know people have asked me to see what others are doing. If we get enough of them, maybe we can create a deck that can be shared with everyone. Please let us know how you have setup RequestCenter and how you have setup your catalog structure.

Bary - Yes, I am looking for service catalog taxonomy advices.

Eric:  thanks for the pdf.  I will take a look at it.

I think it would be great to share our various catalogs and see if it helps anyone. Ive included a screenshot of our front page.

I've attached a copy of Marriott's service catalog