Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Has anyone customized the Consumer Services portlet?

RequestCenter 2006.0.7  (1961)

Has anyone customized the main Consumer Services page?

We are trying to make the services customer friendly and have been hitting limitations on the categories and descriptions. 

I have added html (tables, links and pictures) to the service descriptions but I am  hitting the 4000 character limit on the field.  

If anyone has come up with a HTML driven catalog, I would like to know how it was done.

Thank you
Daniel
Safeway Inc.

Everyone's tags (1)
3 REPLIES
Community Member

Hi Daniel,

Have you considered using the Presentation (Overview & More Details) areas for the services? And have you also explored using the additional presentation areas for categories?

Community Member

Every category, including the MyServices home page (Consumer Services category), has 3 presentation areas - Top, Middle and Bottom. These are displayed when the a user clicks the category name in the catalog.

In RC06 these are still labeled Left, Right and Bottom in Category Manager. You can access these on the Presentation tab of each category:

Community Member

No, this is the first time we have explored the option and I was not aware that the Categories evern had "additional presentation"...  Can you eloborate?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content