cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Having multiple dropdowns in the same line.

Having multiple dropdowns in the same line.

We have a requirement of having multiple dropdowns on the same line. i.e. Rather than having a calendar control to pick date and time, we want to show calendar only for date, followed by three dropdowns for Hour, Minute and AM/PM values on the same field line.

Please suggest.

2 Replies 2

Darwin Hammons
Level 1
Level 1

I know this is an older post about drop downs but here's my question. Can RC 2008.3 designer allow the creation of different dropdown items based on a a single question. Example question #1 (Region1) answer dropdown (Mexico, India, Africa, etc) then question# 2 is "Specify Fruit" with a dependant on #1 answer)  then dropdownlist1(banana, orange, etc)  if Mexico is selected or (mango, dates, pinecones) if India is selected... In my old tool we had to make separate vsriations to the "Specify Fruit" question  to get different dropdown workflows. Can RC handle with javascripting and or OOB features ?

Chris Morris
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This script is what I use to populate a dropdown box with values based on a comma-delimited string.  Another option, if you have the Standards Table (from the Wizard Library or LifecycleCenter) is to store the data in the Standards Table and pull it from there when the other dropdown is changed.

JS_Build_TaskCodes() {
 //alert('testing');

TaskCodes = String(serviceForm.CMN_Chargeback.ValidTaskCodes.getValue([0]));
 TaskCodeArr = new Array();
 TaskCodeArr = TaskCodes.split(",");

var mywbsselect=document.getElementById('CMN_Chargeback.TaskCode');
 mywbsselect.options.length = 0;
 mywbsselect.add(new Option(" -- Select Task Code --", " -- Select Task Code --"));

for (i = 0; i  mywbsselect.add(new Option(TaskCodeArr[i], TaskCodeArr[i]));
 }

}