cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help on Help - is there any way to code "\n" on help information

Miriam Rubin
Level 1
Level 1

I'd like to be able to format the help information by adding newlines as well as forcing it to appear at a certain column

I'd like to put a "\n" in my help; is there any way to do so?

I also notice that when you have multiple dictionaries in 1 AFC, the help information is pre-determined based off of some criteria, and some dictionaries have their help aligned on 1 column, while another dictionary has their help aligned on another. This looks very unsightly to a user who doesn't 'see' the different dictionaries. How can we intentionally adjust these help margins?

And is there a way to play with the margins for the prompts as well? some of my labels are very long and when they wrap, especially if I've used &nbsp, the first line is indented, but all subsequent lines go back to the same margin and it looks quite bad.

2 Replies 2

Tylor Hagerman
Level 1
Level 1

I haven't found a way to make the help text from different dictionaries  line up.  One workaround is to set the field display width the same for  the fields in both dictionaries.  The help is lined up with the longest  field in each dictionary.  As for the new line in the help text, the  help text is HTML, so a break tag "
" will create a new line.   You can put any valid HTML in the help text and it will be rendered.

Miriam Rubin
Level 1
Level 1

It works like a charm! Thanks! - Miriam